Our Governing Body meetings
Our Governing Body meetings will be held in the public. It is important to recognise that this is a meeting in public not a public meeting. This means that members of the public are able to attend and observe, but cannot take part in the discussions, except by putting a question in advance. We would ask members of the public who wish to attend to read the information below to ensure that Governing Body meetings are productive for all involved.
Dates and locations 2018/19
Select a date below (when live) to download the agenda and meeting papers:
- Wednesday 14th March (Agenda pack / Minutes) - 2pm - 5pm. The Ark, Noah's Ark Road, Dover, CT17 0DD
- Wednesday 9th May (Agenda pack / Minutes) - 2pm - 5pm. Hythe Imperial Hotel, Princes Road, Hythe, CT21 6AE
- Wednesday 11 July (Agenda Pack) - 3.15pm - 5pm. The Grand Hotel (Green Room) The Leas, Folkestone, CT20 2XL
- Wednesday 12th September - 2pm - 5pm. The Ark, Noah's Ark Road, Dover, CT17 0DD
- Wednesday 14th November - 2pm - 5pm. Location TBC
- Wednesday 9th January 2019 - 2pm-5pm, Location TBC
You can also view all our meeting papers and agendas on the publications page.
Ask a question
Written questions are preferable and should be submitted three working days before the meeting by completing the online form or by emailing email@example.com
Governing Body role
The Governing Body makes sure that decisions, recommendations and plans are carried out appropriately and effectively and are efficiently managed. The Governing Body is supported by various committees and sub-committees who deal with the more detailed actions.
In line with its constitution the Governing Body will have a minimum of four meetings this year. These meetings allow NHS South Kent Coast’s Governing Body to consider the work that is the organisation is doing and decide whether it’s being done properly. At the beginning of each Governing Body meeting there may be a private session; this allows the Governing Body to discuss confidential issues. Following this private session, the Governing Body meeting will be open to the public.
The Governing Body is responsible for:
- leading the setting of vision and strategy
- approving commissioning plans
- monitoring performance against plans
- providing assurance of strategic risk
- ensuring effective governance
Register of Interests
Processes are in place to ensure that the Register of Interests is updated regularly. The latest register is available to download below: