Governing Body meetings
Our Governing Body meetings will be held in the public. It is important to recognise that this is a meeting in public not a public meeting. This means that members of the public are able to attend and observe, but cannot take part in the discussions, except by putting a question in advance. We would ask members of the public who wish to attend to read the information here or below at 'Ask a question', to ensure that Governing Body meetings are productive for all involved.
Ashford and Canterbury governing bodies meet ‘in common’, where both governing bodies sit in the same room and discuss the same items, but make individual decisions. The South Kent Coast and Thanet meeting is also ‘in common’.
Dates and locations
Select a date below (when live) to download the agenda and meeting papers:
After careful consideration and in light of recent government guidance regarding COVID-19, Kent and Medway CCGs have taken the decision to hold their remaining March 2020 Governing Body and Primary Care Commissioning Committee meetings by voice conference, and will not be meeting in public this month. Agendas and papers will be published as usual, and minutes will be published in due course following the meeting. As usual, questions relating to items on the agenda are welcome, and we will endeavour to publish the answers to these within two working days of the meeting. Thank you for your understanding.
- Wednesday 09 January 2019 - 2pm - 5pm, Elizabeth Room, Hythe Imperial Hotel, Princes Road, Hythe, CT21 6AE
- Wednesday 06 March 2019 - 2.45pm - 5pm, The Ark, Noah’s Ark Road, Dover CT17 0DD in the Auditorium
- Wednesday 08 May 2019, 2.30pm - 5pm, Hythe Imperial Hotel, Princes Parade Hythe CT21 6AE in the Elizabeth Room.
- Wednesday 03 July 2019, 2.30pm - 5pm, The Green Room, The Grand Hotel, The Leas, Folkestone, CT20 2XL
- Tuesday 03 September 2019, 2.30pm - 5pm – The Ark, Noah’s Ark Road, Dover, Kent CT17 0DD
- Wednesday 25 September 2019 - 2.00pm - 3.00pm, Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce, Ashford Business Point, Waterbrook Avenue, Sevington, Ashford, TN24 0LH (This is an extraordinary meeting)
- Wednesday 06 November 2019, Please note start time is now: 2.50pm - 5pm. Please also note the venue: Council Chamber, 3rd floor, Thanet District Council, Cecil Street, Margate, CT9 1XZ. The annual report will be presented at this meeting.
You can also view all our meeting papers and agendas on the publications page.
Ask a question
Written questions are preferable and should be submitted three working days before the meeting by completing the online form or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org For more information please read this
Governing Body role
The Governing Body makes sure that decisions, recommendations and plans are carried out appropriately and effectively and are efficiently managed. The Governing Body is supported by various committees and sub-committees who deal with the more detailed actions.
In line with its constitution the Governing Body will have a minimum of four meetings this year. These meetings allow NHS South Kent Coast’s Governing Body to consider the work that is the organisation is doing and decide whether it’s being done properly. At the beginning of each Governing Body meeting there may be a private session; this allows the Governing Body to discuss confidential issues. Following this private session, the Governing Body meeting will be open to the public.
The Governing Body is responsible for:
- leading the setting of vision and strategy
- approving commissioning plans
- monitoring performance against plans
- providing assurance of strategic risk
- ensuring effective governance
Register of Interests
Processes are in place to ensure that the Register of Interests is updated regularly. The latest register is available to download below: